Friday, September 4

one step at a time

I've been in college 2 weeks! Although are definitely still times where I miss home and family and the knowns and my own room and stuff... more often than not, I love it here! :) This is definitely testing my patience though, I hate waiting for things! Slowly but surely, I've gotten to know more people, and more people better. And have become alot more comfortable around campus and in class and stuff. I'm actually starting to get homework, but nothing too awful yet. Of course, US Gov reading is the worse, but that's to be expected ;) I'm actually really enjoying Physics and Chemistry :) Sorta makes me feel like a nerd, but whatever... I've had both subjects before, so they're coming back to me. I actually sorta enjoy the homework... figuring things out and solving problems. It seems like a lot of people are having alot of trouble with them, so I might end up being the one that explains it to everyone... I don't mind helping people, but I can't explain everything to them... :/ This past week I've been to 4 different things associated with Campus Crusade for Christ. A cookout, tailgaiting, their weekly meeting, and bible study. Before I got to campus, I thought I'd do InterVarsity. I haven't actually tried it out yet, but I sorta don't really want to now. I love the people/atmosphere of Cru. It reminds me of Core, but with different people and slightly diff setup. I'm not gonna lie, I'm super excited to get more involved with Cru :) I tried out for the chapel choir, and would've done it, but can't this semester because of science labs interfering with times... :/ I'm also taking piano lessons once a week, which I'm excited about. The professor seems cool and I'm sure I'll learn alot from him. :) I tried out a church last weekend with one of my commuter friends. I liked it, alot better than the Lutheran one here on campus... I'm gonna try out another church this weekend, which I'm excited about :) I just did my first loads of laundry, which was super fun, as always ;) Theres so much thats been happening, I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff, but that's all I can think of right now... :) Yay for patience and progress! :)

No comments: