Tuesday, September 23

indecisive

Ok, anyone who really knows me knows that I am like the most indecisive person in the world. If you ask me 'where do you wanna go to eat?', i could spend hours trying to make up a decision. same thing with dinner, my mom always asks 'what do you want for dinner?', and everytime it takes me forever to decide. With my french switch, yesterday i had thought more about it (thats the really deadly thing-thinking) and didn't know if i really wanted to switch. With the help of sane parents, i realized that i'm for sure switching, everythings already done and i needed to just accept the decision i made and get on with life. I think one of my main problems is that it seems to me like every decision is life-changing. It is, and I know that, but like life changing in a big bad way, not just a little one. I need to learn to just quickly look at the options and pick one and be done, and stop over-analyzing everything. it's not as easy as it sounds, trust me! I dont know why I have such trouble with this, maybe because I'm too attached to the material world, that I don't want anything to go wrong in it and don't want to lose what I have. Maybe I need to lean more on God, esp in decision time, and realize that I'm not going to live here forever, but in heaven, with God, and that I should base my (big) decisions on what God would do, not what this world will do. Now, I don't know how I'm going to apply that to choosing between pasta and chicken for dinner, hopefully I'll find a way or I'll just get more decisive as I grow up....

No comments: