Thursday, January 15

no worries

There are so many things in my life right now that I could worry all day about and be consumed by them. But I'm not going to.
'Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?' -Matthew 6:27
No matter how much I worry, it really won't help. Worrying about college, school, health, it really won't matter.
What God has instore for me will come whether I'd like it to or not.
I'd rather live my life to the fullest and not live worried about what could or might happen, but hope for the best and if something does go wrong, I'll deal with it then and God will help me through it.
There are so many people I know that could really use this mindset, but are too wrapped up in their mind that they don't realize that its out there, even if someone presents it to them.
I'd rather spend my days praising and being thankful for the great things in my life; my awesome family, my friends, all the people at church/core, relatively good health, having somewhere to live and stuff to eat, getting awesome opportunities like going to France, my cute fluffy puff puppy, a beautiful sunset, the way the crisp cold air feels and the way you can see your breath, everything. If viewed in a positive light, even the most awful things can become good and have a purpose. A chronic disorder that will never go away really doesn't seem that bad. Yeah, life isn't fair and won't really ever be easy, but that's the way God made it to be on this earth and I want to soak it up while I can, before I get to heaven and can't experience these things anymore.

No comments: