Wednesday, May 20

and so the saga begins...

This Tuesday I had my EEG to make sure it's ok for me to try to go off my medicine come June.  They usually take about a week to call you back.  Not this time.  He called us back later the same day. I only had one little spike, in the last 10 seconds, probably as the lady was turning on the super bright feeling light.  He said it's considered normal though, so I'm all clear for weaning off my drugs. Our original plan was to start the first of June.  They initially said it would take 6 weeks.  It will really only take like 4.  Because of graduation and Project Serve the last week of June, we are going to start weaning June 8th.  At least thats the plan for now.  We realized that my license expires my birthday so we went today to renew it so I wouldn't have deal with it when I'm weaning.  Well, I could pay the $20 today, but it would still expire on my birthday, when I would have to pay another $32.  So, we're waiting :) BUT.  When I first got my permit, we had to get a doctors note and stuff saying my seizures were under control and stuff.  Well, we don't know if they're gonna make us redo stuff when I go to get a new license.  And if they do, and I'm weaning, I'm not controlled, and my license would be suspended.  And once I get recontrolled one way or another, I'd have to jump through hoops to try to get my license back. Not cool. BUt. They might not ask at all.  See, with the state, you never know what they're gonna do... That's why they're so fun! ;)  So we emailed the neuro and explained the situation, so we'll either wean as planned and try and reget my license after my birthday and see what happens, OR we'll have to wait until after my birthday, after I get renew my license, to start the weaning.  Oh, what fun! And this is only the first step - nothings really happened yet!

1 comment:

Pack Mule Mama said...

Desolee for all the hassle and uncertainty. Wish I could change it.... {{{{}}}}