Monday, March 22

is it possible to love too much?

is it possible to love too much? to pour into people and invest yourself in them too much? to be there for them too much?

sometimes i feel like i love too much. i invest myself too much in others, then get hurt because of it. loving others doesn't always help me. yes, loving helps, but sometimes it can hurt. sometimes people will leave you and betray you no matter how much you love them. but ya know what. love is patient and kind. love is not jealous or proud or boastful or rude. it doesn't demand it's own way. it isn't irritable and keeps no record of being wronged. it doesn't rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. love is self-sacrificing. so what if i love someone and end up getting hurt. it's not about me in the end anyways. even if i love someone and they hurt me (knowingly or not), i wont (well, try my best to not) hold it against them. i won't give up and will stay faithful and hopeful and endure. i will love no matter what. no matter what trouble it brings me. because it's worth it. and with Christ in me, i have all of his capabilities in me. i am capable of loving completely and perfectly and selflessly like Jesus did. i just have to decide to harness it. and show this fallen world the perfect love of God working through me. not my love, but Christ's love.

so no. it's not possible to love too much. ;)

No comments: