Thursday, August 19

it's gotta be amy...

well, since my medical status is again up in the air (as per usual...), i felt this was fitting ;)
expect to encounter adversity in your life, remembering that you live in a deeply fallen world. stop trying to find a way that circumvents difficulties. the main problem with an easy life is that it masks your need for Me. when you became a christian, I infused My very Life into you, empowering you to live on a supernatural plane by depending on Me.
anticipate coming face to face with impossibilities: situations totally beyond your ability to handle. this awareness of your inadequacy is not something you should try to evade. it is precisely where I want you - the best place to encounter Me in My Glory and Power. when you see armies of problems marching toward you, cry out to Me! allow Me to fight for you. watch Me working on your behalf as you rest in the shadow of My Almighty Presence.
-Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, Aug 18th entry

also thought it was amusing and fitting to hear that often throughout my childhood, my mom and haika would say 'it's amy' when something went wrong. if there was a kid to be allergic to milk and not be able to swallow, it was amy. if there was one that had non-functioning ear tubes and reoccuring ear infections, it was amy. if someone had to get stitches, it was amy. if someone cut themselves on a plastic lawn chair, it was amy. so if it's gonna be anyone, it's gonna be amy. so at least i know this isn't new, my weirdness and magical ability to have everything go wrong. ;) it's who God has created me to be, so i'm gonna hold on to Him and know He's got it figured out. in the meantime, who needs a functioning body anyways? ;)

No comments: